Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's been quite a while since I posted anything on this blog and over that time my art has really blossomed and evolved. I hardly ever make cards anymore. Now I like collages and mixed media. My most recent work is the one above, which is called SONGBIRD. It started out with a stencil on a green background...with a couple of mistakes that I needed to cover up. So I added some more layers of spray ink, acrylic paint, rubber stamping, acrylic glaze, and finally the image of the bird in the middle.

I like to work spontaneously. I never know what will show up in my paintings! This one is appropriate for the season. It's about springtime, birds singing, refreshing the spirit. This winter had its challenegs for me and I like the idea of looking forward to spring so positively.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I finally made it over to your blog. I love the site and will explore further when I have a bit more time. Meanwhile - I was happy to receive your last note where you mentioned the Letter Writers' Alliance which I joined today. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Will send you a handwritten letter by carrier pigeon shortly. Clifford, The Big Red Dog

    ReplyDelete